Thursday, November 5, 2015

THE MIRAGE


Beside shiny pond, I laid serene
Biting humbly a leisure eve,
Pond was chilly and breathless,
Lying plain- unstirred,
Neath guidance of gallons stars,
Twinkling alike finely strewn pearly dews,
Glittering and zealous, over late night bloom
My eyes labeled;
“Lightened heavens surround and ashore,
Busy weaving my heartfelt beats”
But just were mirage, over that sleeping pond,
Time moved on its invisible wheel, till hours
Amidst myself sipping deep,
Charm- flavored dreams,
Stars vanished swiftly, sailed afar,
None peeping through distance,
And few streaks of merry drizzle poured soon,
Peeling away mirage, glowing of that silence,
Vanished thus those sparks and heavens,
With puzzled nerves surpass happy counts,
I was swept to far gloomy shore,
Shore of pain and pinch and churn,
Where dissonance swept my eardrums blind,
And insane gulping holy lands dry,
How thus solace cap the ill,
And by next watch the same fades lean,
I saw base grass turn pale and cold,
Which, once breathed with juvenile green
My heart paused- a length of time,
Plucked again, some reason and bless-
“Isn’t all minced to round as earth,
For all assets been of mighty globe?
Heavens and hells do breed on earth,
Churned well till to a perfect birth,
As we of bones and flesh and fluids,
Constructed so to living beings,
Sorrows creep through marrow base,
At times patience seal the pain,
I marched some yards, with blessings yet-
“Transitory things are ought to change”
For earth to all breathing ground
And mind timing every taste and sound.

No comments: