Monday, August 3, 2015

Lazy noon meditation


Soft cushioned hill top of brown leaves,
An inch for breeze between old oak feet,
And straightened stance, with perfect base,
A wakeful gaze I made, down into valley low,
Warm blow rustled away resigning leaves,
Merry birds hovered high, with chirp and chants,
Shady tree blessed thus, on hot lazy noon.
Hoping though, serene unblemished move,
Yet imperfection besieged,
And within quest for deep single mind,
My labored lids softened weighty down,
Head bowing low to soft angle snooze,
Bushy beard brushing, chest warm
Guards of shelled lids’ shutter closed,
I breathed faint murmur, then a comfy trance,
An hour lifeless, yet not dead,
I forgot base, and gushing breeze,
Needless even, for air I breathed,
I was formless, and watch sailed plain,
No fragranced today or tinged tomorrow,
Who was I then, whose body I cherished?
Was I really me, or one with empty space?
A mirror that reflected ideal, I wished
Neither pain triggered, nor poisons lead,
Naught thus maturing age longed,
For sensual flavor,
Or to my acquaintance, no hustle charged again,
A moment of transient bliss, semi lost,
Alike calm midnight pond and stainless sky,
Or extinguished fire- potent fireless,
Partial death, through trance I glanced
And learnt to grasp wisdom borne deep;
“How flawed was it to say, I own myself,
How flawed was it to say, I praise difference,

How flawed was it…”