Monday, August 17, 2015

Sublimed soul

Fairly ice for instance, an arrow carved,
And shot on blazing sun-fed May,
Aught not be destined afar, but melt away,
Same did you rose up radiant bright,
But alike billows you sublimed soon,
Full four past to fifth New Year
You bounced high with merry prawns,
All through the days in summer stream,
And brought for me, some wild blossoms,
Blooming nearby green paddy field,
Where ripened our autumn rice.
I laid by and watched your play,
Or plucked for you, some mangoes green,
But you grasped for prawns to feed,
The reason ahead their need and gain
So all they were, your closest breed
Though alas for me did you leave
All truth of how you sublimed far,
As warm stream bubbled through my foot,
Prawns all swam near with ears so wide,
Till I poured of you sound near.

Brilliant showpiece was I in class,
Excelled in all given to pass,
Where I returned home by dusk,
You ran to comb my shattered books,
Running then for coin or par
But fair brother, my next heart,
Those painful last days of your life,
Marks my reminiscence of sustained ache
As your breast pause not so far
I felt you lying pale and lost,
Swollen belly with sunken face
Counting last breathe till graveyard
To my way on school and back,
I passed by your bed, as though fresh,
No vigor to gaze you, but peep low
And along trail, incessant tears rolled
Hands were torn then, chest mudded,
My knees bled and eyes sank down,
Melted soft by those worshipped foot,
Knelt and cried to give my breathe,
But all faded, as worthless sheds,
Failed thus to save you from transient leap,
Now I hold your saline graveyard soil,
Dusting my wet face dull and dry,
Same dust turning my dark hairs gray.
As my eyelids crawl too close,
I feel true; my arms wrapping you,
Your breath breezing my chest warm,
Whereby, as my eyes chop wide,
Only to see but blanket cold,
Cupped and pressed hard by my chest,
And a vacant bed aside.
Squeezing same wet pillow close,
I murmur then with helpless lips-
My books all gone moldy green,
Torn and shattered besides bed,
Coins too all have turned so pale,
Inside crackling half split box,
None there now I owe for bet,
And some you left, half unused.
No more prawns now in streams,
To welcome me with bubbling dive,
Where once poured their merry heart,
And marked day for happy start
No more brilliant I, stand in class,
My pages too peeled of tears,
Even from master’s speech through day,
I hear but from that deathbed you say-
See my blinking eyes, my dear,
See my lips with murmur warm,
Soon to cease cold forever,
And your brother’s graveyard near,
In corner’s split wooden box,
Coins I saved some left unused,
Ones you owed me, for the bet
Find them all and take for self,
For here ends my DREAMS of LIFE