Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Nightmare



Busy Friday ended heavy,
Minute aches of day labor twitching,
Bitter day held joints too firm
Ceasing soon in my cotton base,
Within first light hours, of sweetened dreams,
A tall fairy broke silence of lazy nap,
Sight squeezing; mere bouncing ball,
She, virtuous figured but a blind one,
Thus spread her soft hands for base,
I stretched cautious, lending hold of need,
She was quite distant and fiddly faced,
Dimmed eyes made her move agile,
But much though I longed to fetch hold,
She gapped the length of pace at par,
Amidst dream, awakened depth followed,
With distance roughly counted,
She marched backwards with luring smile,
And same did I, following measured,
Chasing still her smile to hold sooner,
Chilled heart followed thus, further
Some length pass, she paused by,
Her beauty peeled off thence, on hold,
Opening her eyes- bulging blue and red,
Mouth bled some dark blood, gapped lips bubbling,
Dragging me through bushes, shrieking thunderous,
I was then driven far, into scary wild,
She laughed loud and dissolved within
Hours haunting me even more,
Watch then spoke one, of rising new,
That laughter thundered again,
Beats then drumming hard on walls,
And flesh numbed- with breathe echoing croak,
Losing self, by black shady tree,
Branches all crossed, rugged down to grasp,
As beneath I sat, cool broth dribbled,
Within shades of cold morning moon,
Upon which a mass hung-my sight fixed,
With stammering heart, I stretched close,

A young lady, off-emotions hanging down,
Face well covered with long bundled hair,
Matted thickened, by streaming blood,
Jaws were half fallen; chilly and dead
I opted round turn, to sublime away,
But within paces of first fine leap-
A voice echoed again “you are trapped”
With vigorous heart I turned round,
The same dead, with built in breath
Her bulging eyes played, dark and round,
Last sight I recall, then fallen lifeless
Next dawn hour I woke up-
Lying over base of old chopped woods,
And charcoals of some age strewn,
Neither tree nor the girl sighted,
But some joints and segments,
With rusted signet fastened tight.